Monday, December 24, 2012

On the 11th Day of Christmas with DCWV…

Eleven Pipers Piping!

elevenpipers

Good day and welcome to day eleven of the 12 Days of DCWV! That jolly elf is on his way soon and I almost can’t wait for him to arrive!  But, for now I will have to bide my time and be a patient girl.

The project I am sharing with you today was a much bigger undertaking than I thought it would be, but I am SO pleased with how it turned out!  It is a mantle luminarie.  Each panel has a die cut sandwiched between two sheets of tissue and when you put flameless candles behind them they have a beautiful glow. 

 pipers8

These photos were taken in a lower light so you could see how pretty the soft glow is.

Pipers3

I actually don’t have a mantle but this is intended to sit above the fireplace.

pipers

Here are some close-ups:

Pipers5pipers6

There are eleven panels, one to represent each piper.

Pipers2

It came out just as I pictured it! I hope this has inspired you on this wonderful Christmas Eve.

Thanks for stopping by and remember, it is so GOOD to be queen!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out fabulous! I didn't realize the candles behind it at first. This is so pretty! And the die cuts are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this and commented so on the DCWV blog this morning! A terrific line up of trumpet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!