Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweet Tangerine Layout - DCWV

Hello people!  Dropping by today to share a layout using one of the beautiful new stacks from DCWV, called Sweet Tangerine:
 


I had a total blast using this stack.  I loved all the cut-outs in this stack and the pages of banners were calling my name from the very beginning!  Take a look:


 

 




I used some fringe scissors (Martha Stewart) to add lots of texture under the banners.  I layered up a few cut-outs, wood veneers, and some epoxy shapes I made using my Epiphany Crafts shape tools.  I used some letter stickers and my silhouette to cut my title.
 
My title might be a little confusing without some back story.  This picture or my mother, my house sister, and I was taken on the day when my grandparents said goodbye to our sweet exchange student, Virginie.  I remember those last few days as very bittersweet.  We tried to fill them up with lots of laughter and fun, but there was no slowing down the clock.  I've been thinking about my sister a lot lately.  We recently reconnected with her and discovered that she has been having some health trouble.  I feel so far away from her and with money so tight and some other obligations being what they are I fear that it might be s long time before I see her again - if ever. 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Supplies: DCWV (The Sweet Tangerine Stack, The Basics 6x6 Stack); Martha Stewart (Fringe Scissors); Marvey & Fiskars (Circle Punches; Jenni Bowlin pinwheel punch); Wilton (Doilies); Studio Calico (Wood Veneers); We R Memory Keepers & The Paper Studio (Brads); Silhouette (Cameo); Simple Stories (Letter Stickers
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Have you ever scrapbooked someone because you missed them, or because they were far away?  If you have, tell me about it in the comments!
 
Later queenies! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Cute LO. I love the clusters :)
    I've made a goal for myself to start using up my epoxy brads & I like how you did that here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!