Sunday, January 12, 2014

DCWV's Newest: Vintage Collector!!!



Have you visited the DCWV blog lately?!  Well, if you haven't you are missing out on some AMAZING projects featuring the newest COMPLETE SCRAPBOOKING LINE called Vintage Collector! 

I am totally and utterly in LOVE with this new line of products.  I just saw the whole display at my local Michael's today and it is FABULOUS!!!  Stickers, letters, brads, bottle caps, LOTS of paper pads, fabric paper, printed cork, coordinating card and envelopes, STAMPS, and even a beautiful post-bound album.

Take a look at the cards I made using this new collection:


 
For this card I used the VC Embossed Kraft Cards, used some white ink to emphasize the hearts (to die for, right!?), and attached some VC Washi Tape, and strip cut from the 6x12 VC Basic prints stack.  I used two Martha Stewart punches (Monarch, and Doily) along with a VC Stitched Heart Sticker to create my embellishment.  The sentiment was cut from the VC 12x12 stack and the card was finished with yellow twine from the VC Twine Card and a pretty pearl pin.


 
This card was SO much easier to make than it looks!  The base is another VC card style that is a printed, gate-fold card with the large heart as the gate 'handles'.  First, I stamped and embossed the VC Giant Chevron background stamp on both of the front flaps of the card (it has solid woodgrain originally).  I cut and attached some layers to the heart and then added a Mod Melts by Mod Podge heart embellishment (colored with Gold Smooch) and added a bow over the middle with a VC Chipboard button as the center.  Then, I stamped one of the VC sentiment stamps on some of the patterned paper from the 12x12 VC stack, matted the inside of the card with the Hearts patterened paper from the VC Mat Stack and attached my sentiment over the top. 
 
Don't you just LOVE this collection?!?  I saw in the store today that there is a 20% text coupon available for anyone who opts in for Michael's text messages. What would you make if you had this collection?
 
There is more amazing inspiration going on over at the DCWV blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Later queenies!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- I love them!